Monday, February 22, 2016

Shelley: Day 15 - Yes, do cut the cheese!


Sorry for the radio silence.  It's been a crazy weekend filled with family drama and lots of good old fashioned sickness.  I'm still right on track, though, I had a not so fabulous Friday.  Traditionally. my day off, I usually allow myself popcorn or something but I got a little out of hand and added butter to my popcorn (a huge dent in my sense of progress) but not impossible to overcome.

Today, I went straight from work to Ella's dance lesson and I'll admit I was so hungry I was contemplating eating whatever came in front of me easiest.  But, I decided patience was a virtue I really do need to practice and waited to get something reasonable AFTER Ella's lesson.  

I was really hungry, so I decided I needed a drive-thru.  Getting my kids in and out of the car is just so SLOWWWWW.  So I settled on In-n-Out.  Looks like great minds think alike Heidi!! I ordered the hamburger protein style with light spread and grilled onions (Who really likes that gross raw onion?  I mean really?).  The regular protein style hamburger is 240 cals so I added 60 (a little over estimating) for the spread just to keep my bases covered.  It was quick and satisfying, and didn't break the calorie bank!

I would have liked to have blogged tonight, but I have a feeling my husband is going to be hogging the computer again, so I may update this post later with a fast, here's my food log.  

I've decided that until my sister-in-laws wedding, I'm just going to keep my intake around 1,200 cals.  That's where you see the most results and I do not want to be the fat kid in the family photo that will probably last until well after I die.  

TODAY'S TIP:  Yes, Cut the cheese!
I love cheese!  I often include cheese as part of a meal, but when I'm ordering something like a hamburger or tacos, or things that have lots of cals, I drop the cheese because it usually cuts around 100 cals or more.  I usually don't even notice it's not there.  When that's the case, I cut-it-out (That's a Full House reference for anyone not smiling!).  When eating something complex enough, the cheese just goes untasted so feel free to cut-it-out and save those calories for something you can really taste later!

Until tomorrow. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment