Thursday, February 25, 2016

Shelley: Day 19 - SO GROSS!!!


This will be a quick post.  You may be wondering why I haven't been posting.  One reason, a tragic and disgusting accident.

I was at work and had my cell phone (an iPhone 128g 6s, still freaking new) and when I stood up from using the facilities, I heard a plunk!  My phone had managed to fall right out of my smock pocket into the dead center of the toilet.  Katie knows how insane I am about germs.  I have a terrible case of OCD.  Anyway, after getting a glove to retrieve it, I washed it in flaming hot water and then sprayed it in a thick and very wet coat of Lysol and let it air dry.

I figured it was already doomed, I may as well not have to carry it around in it's disgusting state.  It's taken me a few days, but I finally got a new one up and running.  However, thanks to my husband's need to automate everything, we are beta testing the newest Nest which means the app is not from the app store but directly from the developer.  Apparently, this is a serious issue if you need to restore your phone from a previous back up.  Anyway, long story short, my phone can call, surf Safari (I prefer google) and text.  That's about it.  Thank goodness I did Apple Care.  At least I was able to get a new phone for only $99.99.

I need to corner my husband long enough to get the rest of my phone working, including my LoseIt app.  As soon as I do, I will be posting again.  Hopefully, I'll capture him tonight.  I have been eating carefully.  I'm pretty good at estimating cals so I'm still on track, I just lose better when I'm counting everything!

Anyway, I will be keeping my phone on the bathroom counter at work from now on when I need to use the necessary, that's for sure.  I seriously just cannot believe I did such a stupid thing.  YUCK!!!

I'm glad to hear you all are still going strong.  Keep up the good work!!!

Until tomorrow. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment